We started off by messing around with clay, and then we got to idea of making characters with the clay. We used appeal, and squash and stretch. From the start to finish, we had lots of fun. For appeal, we used it because our characters were always moving around and having charisma. For squash and stretch, we used it because obviously we have squished the clay and we combined clay in some parts of the film. Something about stop motion that I like is how a bunch of pictures can make video. It is really cool, and you can pretty much make anything an animation!
For my cinemagraphs, I used a coin and some dance moves. I used them because I felt as those would be the easiest to use for cinemagraphs. They don't really have any meaning to me. The only difficult thing about this was making them loop perfectly. As for recommending things, I would say a coin spinning is the easiest thing to do for a cinemagraph.
My theme for this project was just some random doodles I made, because I couldn't think of anything else but they turned out to look pretty good! My favorite pattern is probably the first one I made, which has all 4 shapes/doodles in it. That pattern is on the dog above. What I found difficult about this project is all the work I had to do to just to make the pattern repeat. For someone starting this project, I would recommend using bright colors and weird shapes, it looks a lot cooler than a plain jane pattern.
I came up with the idea of a snowman because winter and Christmas is usually associated with snowmen, and the colors are Christmas colors. What made it difficult was painting. I could never move the mouse in a perfectly straight line, so that is why it is weirdly shaped and uneven. What i found successful about my project is that at least the snowman looks somewhat good. The traditional medium is the snowman I created. I used the tools on Photoshop to create the snowman.
To start off, I began by choosing the baking competition. So I thought of many baking items, a cake, muffins, etc. But donuts stood out to me so I chose that. So I thought of a background and I decided that donuts would work, because my project was about donuts. So I was thinking I needed a place to put the words so I got a bigger donut and placed it on top of all the other donuts, then placed the words on top of it, which was the "baking contest" and the "Nc State fair" and I was basically finished. To make it look better, I added some effects to the words, like shadows, color, etc. Then I was finished, and now this is what my project looks like.
No one lives in this house at the moment. Maybe someone will move into it soon if they like watermelon. I picked these parts because I thought they went well together. To make it look realistic, I had to warp the door and windows to make them look like they fit the spherical shape of the watermelon. If i could change anything about this project I would make it look more realistic but it was pretty hard to do that for this project.
A problem i overcame during this project was coloring my animal right to make it look like one actual animal instead of an orca head on a cow body. I managed to make it work by using the stamp tool on Photoshop. I wouldn't change anything on my animal because i feel as if i did perfect on it. As far as the frog tongue though, that was very difficult and I don't think i could change it to look any better. But as to explaining my animal, i call it the killer cow. I did this animal because i knew i could make it look cool. I came up with the idea because a cow is black and white and so is an orca, (killer whale) and I knew the colors would blend in well together.
my name is max tyburski and this is my blog.